Monday, February 4, 2019

4 Corners Graphics

/krēāˈtivədē/

noun
 the use of the imagination or original ideas, especially in the production of an artistic work.

What makes a person creative?
Creativity is any form of an idea that solves a problem in a better way than normally done.
So, when my father got fed up with his four children’s constant bickering while he was trying to work in the yard, he had to come up with a creative solution to end it. As he looked around the yard, an idea came to him.
My father, the retired army captain, used his no-nonsense commanding voice and ordered each child to go stand in a different corner of the fenced-in yard. Once we got to our corner, we were then told to turn around and face outwards and keep quiet.
This went on for about fifteen minutes when my Uncle Murvel pulled into our driveway. As he and my Aunt Mary got out of the car, his eyes went from one corner of the yard to the next, taking in the four of us. He comes walking up to me with a big grin on his face, “What’s this new game? Four Corners? Can I play, too?”
And thus, 4 Corners was introduced into my family’s vernacular. It wasn’t until much later, after I was grown and started using my graphic design skills for my friends and family that 4 Corners Graphics was developed.
Business school taught me the importance of branding. Life experience taught me the importance of incorporating my passion into my work in order to draw others to my visions. So after many name ideas, brainstorming sessions, and failed starts, my childhood and adult life came together to describe the work that I use to help others.
I assist smaller organizations to create their unique marketing presence on a grassroots budget. I do this by blending graphic design with a marketing background that fits the needs of organizations that otherwise cannot afford a marketing department and/or has not the marketing/branding experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment